This poster is supposed to be a fake advertisement for a Nelson Atkins art museum exhibit about Saul Bass.
The research and inspiration was very simple for this project. For one, I searched up some of Saul's work, and based my design off of his movie posters, which mainly consisted of red and black. They would also feature negative space, which was used for the text at the top and bottom. The main vector is based off of his face and his trademark crude and abstract outline art style.
The main tools used in this were the shape tool, direct selection tool, pen tool, and text tool. I used the Hitchcock font for the text.
I also created a few sketches beforehand, although I knew exactly what I was going format the start.
Overall, I was very happy about my design, and I think it reflects Saul Bass's art style effectively.

No comments:
Post a Comment